medal users file smartphone


Three states require additionsl weight distance permits if you pass thru or deliver in Kentucky, New York or New Mexico. One Hour Authority offers quick and reliable service to customers securing these additional permits.

Order The Package That Will Meet Your Needs

  • Kentucky KYU - $75

    Commercial vehicles that travel in the state of Kentucky (Private or for Hire) with a GVWR of 59,000 lbs. or more are required to obtain a KYU number. The KYU number issued by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is a permanent registration, no yearly renewals. Kentucky does require that you maintain a vehicle inventory for your KYU number. All trucks will need to be listed on your KYU number inventory and must be added or deleted as your trucks change.


  • New York HUT (Highway Use Tax) - $89

    New York State imposes a highway use tax (HUT) on motor carriers operating certain motor vehicles over 18,000 GVWR on New York State public highways (excluding toll-paid portions of the New York State Thruway). The tax is based on mileage traveled on NYS public highways and is computed at a rate determined by the weight of the motor vehicle and the method that you choose to report the tax. Vehicle registration requirements You must obtain a certificate of registration for each vehicle subject to HUT.

    Registration cost for the first truck is $89, $65 for each additional truck


  • New Mexico Weight Distance Tax Permit - $75

    New Mexico Weight Distance: New Mexico imposes a weight-distance tax on owners, operators, and registrants of intra and interstate commercial vehicles with a declared gross vehicle weight in excess of 26,000 pounds. This tax is based on vehicle weight and miles traveled on New Mexico roads.



    Includes the Kentucky KYU, New York HUT (Additional trucks $65), and the New Mexico WDT.


Fleet Management Strategies, One Hour Authority and 1 Hour Process Agents are third party providers of consultive service to assist companies and individuals in acquiring and updating authority, permits and documents required by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration (FMCSA), U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), State and Local government agencies.

Why One Hour Authority?

  • Established in 2000
  • Registered as a FMCSA Filer
  • Fast, Reliable Customer Service
  • Benefit From Certified Compliance Advisors
  • One Stop For Your Authority Needs
  • Our Resources Provide Results